Courses, Classes, and Seminars in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Information, Internet, and Web Technology Classes by Lanoie.com
Canada/Manitoba Business Service Centre
Lanoie.com started working with the C/MBSC (Canada/Manitoba Business Service Centre) in late 2006 to develop and deliver seminars to help small companies with their Web-based businesses. Some of the seminars are delivered locally in person, while others are delivered in a combination of local and long distance video conferencing so that remote centers may also participate in real time.
- Free e-Business Seminars
The Canada/Manitoba Business Service Centre is a partnership between the Government of Canada and the Province of Manitoba. The C/MBSC wants to improve the start up survival and growth rates of small and medium sized businesses by giving business people in every part of Manitoba access to accurate, timely, and relevant information and referrals, enabling them to make well informed business decisions in a global economy, and to encourage business success through sound business planning, market research, and the use of strategic business information.
- Learn more about the free e-Business Seminars.
University of Winnipeg
Lanoie.com has been supplying educational resources for The University of Winnipeg's Division of Continuing Education Information Technology Program Area full-time day and part-time day and evening program areas, as well as corporate and customized offerings, since 2001.
- Web Design Certificate - UPDATED
Whether you are looking to upgrade your current Web design skills or to change careers to this exciting field, the part-time evening Web Design Certificate can help you achieve your goals. With a focus on the front-end aesthetics, you will learn theory and hands-on skill on topics like graphics, markup, and client-side scripting.
- Learn more about the Web Design Certificate.
- Web Development Diploma - UPDATED
To compete in the workforce you need a complete package of abilities and experience. The part-time evening Web Development Diploma offers a rounded set of courses including visual and content markup, Web server installation, server side scripting, and databases, all tied together with a final portfolio project that creates an e-commerce Web site from start to finish, including a functioning shopping cart.
- Learn more about the Web Development Diploma.
- Internet Systems Specialist Diploma
- Learn more about the Internet Systems Specialist Diploma.
- Information Security Management Diploma
This seven-month full-time day program blends skills in information security with strategic skills in management. The Information Security Management Diploma Program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of information security fundamentals and business knowledge. The program focuses on those areas and skill sets that reflect real industry requirements for Information Security Professionals. The program uses the Common Body of Knowledge as its foundation. The CBK is a compilation and distillation of all security information collected internationally of relevance to Information Security [IS] professionals.
- Learn more about the Information Security Management Diploma.
- Database Administration Diploma
Robust and secure databases are a necessity in order to feed information and the related decision making processes. In the part-time evening Database Administration Diploma, students will learn to analyze data models, construct databases utilizing a variety of relational tools, and administer them in order to find a balance between efficiently extracting data while providing a long-term scalable database infrastructure solution.
- Learn more about the Database Administration Diploma.
Winnipeg Technical College
Lanoie.com has been working with Winnipeg Technical College since late 1999, teaching HTML/XHTML classes in their evening program. Other courses like CSS, Flash, Photoshop and others were added over the years, including online distance education and day courses from time to time.
Courses offered vary each term.
- Publishing on the World Wide Web
- Learn the basics of making Web pages in a relaxed, friendly environment. XHTML skills are taught so that students can learn how to create and edit their Web sites from the ground up. Call Winnipeg Technical College at (204) 989-6514 for course availability.
- Making Your Web Pages Look Great With Cascading Style Sheets
- Once you know how to create basic Web pages with XHTML, then the next step for a new Webmaster is learning CSS. Cascading Style Sheets allow you to greatly change the look and feel of your Web site by editing one simple text file. This means you can work faster and smarter, not harder, when creating and updating your site. Call Winnipeg Technical College at (204) 989-6514 for course availability.
- Photoshop for the Web
- Creating and editing images for Web pages is an important part of your Web site. Photoshop is an industry standard application used for this and many other tasks like touching up photos from your digital camera or scanner. This course will teach you the basics of this versatile program. Call Winnipeg Technical College at (204) 989-6514 for course availability.
- The Basics of Web Animation: Flash
- Flash is a multimedia-authoring environment used to put sound and video on your Web pages. This course will teach you the basics of this powerful application. Call Winnipeg Technical College at (204) 989-6514 for course availability.
Other courses that have been offered from time to time include:
- Internet Fundamentals
- Writing for the Web
Call Winnipeg Technical College at (204) 989-6514 for course availability.
We do private and public custom training for business and government departments. Please contact us if you have any questions.
[ Courses, Classes, and Seminars in Winnipeg, Manitoba ] -
Canada/Manitoba Business Service Centre - University of Winnipeg - Winnipeg Technical College - Custom Training -